Monday, April 12, 2010

he loves me... he loves me not...

This morning did not start out well. My husband left the house in a grumpy mood. (I feel like it is partly my fault for not doing something that I should have for him. Lets just say I am going to work on taking better care of my family as a whole.) I know part of it is because we just had such a nice week off with the kids home on school vacation and today they went back to school and I miss them. So what's a girl to do.... craft. (I'm sure not the top choice from some of my family members, but honestly we really cleaned up the house for my daughter's birthday yesterday so I'm feeling that a little craft time will be just the TLC to snap me out of this funk.)

Better yet I came up with an idea on my own. I know that if I google it or spend enough time in blog world that I will come across it but please just give me this moment of creativity.

So here I am feeling out of sorts and a bit melancholy so I came up with this.


I started out with the book pages. Now before you call the library police, you should know that I am technically a librarian with an masters in library science degree and all. This book was off the "free" shelf at a local antique store, has that lovely aged (read musty) smell, and is perfectly dingey without any coffee or tea staining. So I tore out some pages (I just counted 5 pages... I do pretty much EVERYTHING off the cuff so not much planning goes into these things.)

I freehand cut out the petals. I do not have one of those paper punches in the shape of a flower so it is all free hand here. I crmpled them up after cutting them out... which sort of seemed quite appropriate with the mood I'm in.  and then used a glue stick to make a flower.

I layered the petals onto one of my coffee stained labels that I just love. I added a purple button to the center of my flower. Now how to add the words. Yes, this was my big dilemma for this little ditty. I opened up a Word document and started playing around with fonts and how I wanted it to be spaced out. I printed her out took a scoop of my coffee grinds from my morning pot of coffee (don't worry so far I've only had one cup today) and smeared it around on the page. (lovely I know but again it seemed to fit my mood) I even added a spoonful of my coffee onto the page, blotted it all off and put it in the microwave to dry.


I tore the words out... to add a little more age to it and voila here it is.

Quite the little lovely she is. So now I have made something that came straight from my heart and oout of a pretty cruddy morning that now is looking a little brighter.




Reminding myself that
it's all good



Read more: http://www.mylivesignature.com/wizard2_2.php#ixzz0hibhVBrM

No comments:

Post a Comment