Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My First Try At Mod Podge

This is my very first attempt at decoupage.
I photo copied a piece of sheet music for the song "The Bird Returns"
I cut it into thin strips and mod podged (is that a word?) the strips to the paper mache' egg.
For the first egg I wanted to add some bling so I tried using Epson Salt.
It worked but I decided to try some glitter. I actually had to try The Family Dollar, The Dollar General and finally the local pharmacy actually had it... SILVER GLITTER.
The glitter added just the right bling that I was looking for.
She needed a little something extra, so I added a pretty sparkly pink bow to her.

My husband has requested that I not work on the kitchen island...
he'd prefer not to have glitter in his salad, which is understandable.
So my next project is to set up "shop" in the dining room.
For now here are my little lovelies.



 Here are the tea & coffee stained tags that I made today.
I added some vanilla and cinnamon to add some scent.
Then I decopauged a copy of the song "Tis Spring" to it and added it to one of my "spring" wreaths.


So I am quite excited by these little lovelies and am loooking forward to my next project.
Thanks for stopping by.



It's All Good

1 comment:

  1. These look great! I'm sure the recipe box would look really cute too- I would love to see a picture of the finished project!
    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete